Skip to main content

"But I'm Suffering in Silence and I'm Ready to Give up!"

Dealing with negative voices?

Feeling suicidal?

Feeling anxious?

Feeling depressed?

Feeling like your life is falling apart?

Feeling afraid?

Feeling condemned?

Feeling like you don't know how to make it?

Feeling like you have to stay strong for everyone else?

Feeling like you have to pour into everyone else but feeling resentful because your needs aren't met?

Feeling heaviness?

Feeling like you are overthinking things?

Feeling paranoia?

Feeling like you have to be superman or superwoman?

Feeling fragile?

Feeling wounded?

Feeling angry?

Tired of hearing "stay strong"? 

Just feeling like checking out?

Feeling like your feelings aren't validated?

Tired of hearing "you got this"?

Feeling triggered triggered lately?

Feeling extra sensitive?

Feeling you should suffer in silence with your mental illness because no one else understands what you are going through and you don't want to be a burden to others?

Feeling like you just want to stop praying?

Feeling unloved? 

Feeling you wish you had it altogether?

Experiencing bitterness?

I know all these feelings all so well and still working through some. I don't want you to feel like I've "arrived" because I haven't. If I can be real with you, the healing process isn't easy. Dealing with mental health issues isn't easy. Most go untreated and self-medicate with drugs and alcohol, excessive shopping and even sex. But I want to encourage you to get treated. Seek professional, do a check-in at a psychiatric care unit if needed, take the medication if needed, attend the therapy sessions regularly and be honest and open with your therapist and even psychiatrist. Get in support groups. Call a trusted friend or family member for extra support and care. 

I know there is a stigma...
But we are reducing it day by day. 

I think the biggest motivation for me right now to not give up on my healing journey and advocate mental health even the more is because my late grandmother whose funeral was this past weekend (08.21.21) was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder,  and she didn't give up. She lived until 79 years old and spent most of her life untreated, like most did in her age group back in the day. I watched my grandmother struggle with her mental health and I observed it at a young age but didn't understand. It wasn't until I was diagnosed and my mom shared with me my grandmother experiences with the illness that I had a better understanding of what she was going through. My grandmother had a lot of traumatic experiences in life but lived to see 6 children, 15 grandchildren, and 20 great-grandchildren. That is beyond amazing to me. She is absolutely one of the most strongest woman I've ever known. To lose her mother young and be the last sibling standing after losing all her siblings, all the while pressing through life and being a mom, grandmother, and great grandmother... just amazes me. Like whew... the strength to continue on with her life in spite of tragedy, heartbreak, inner turmoil, and losses! You were definitely a real one, granny! A very strong one! 

So I think to myself, if I give up and take my life, not only the hurt it will cause the ones who truly love me with my presence being gone but all the things I could miss out on and the impact I can make! 

I'm reminded when I feel like all hope is gone that that's the lie from the pit of Hell. That's the enemy job... for his role is a cold-blooded thief.

 John 10:10

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.


Because yes, my faith has been tested and tried on multiple occasions on many different levels. Yes, I've felt hopeless countless of times. Yes, I felt like Lord, just take me home right now plenty of times! Yes, I used to feel like sleeping in and never waking up. BUT GOD! Now, I feel like waking up each morning and seeing how I can bless someone and make their day feel like it counts. Yes, this walk get weary. Life is full ups and downs and can be unfair.  And to be honest, I'm feeling weary now but I'm leaning on God whose my source of strength. Even while having so many unanswered questions, even while my vision feels blurry and I can't see everything in this season but with tears in my eyes, my HOPE IS IN THE LORD! I'm speaking this to myself and I'm speaking this over you...we can't give up! 


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


Like the little girl slid me the note while in the psychiatric care unit at 16 years old that said, "God has a purpose for you while you are here on Earth." I know it may not feel like it but our feelings will literally lie to us and we can't put our trust in them. The heaviness and burden you feel is meant to be carried by God. The highs and lows you experience in life is when God meet us in the valley and He is with us on the mountain top. 

God cares about you...my heart feels heavy for you. Some of you have sown some heavy tears and don't understand what God is doing...but He is with you! I'm with you on this journey of faith. Being stretched and pruned isn't easy. Living in a pandemic where lives are leaving left and right isn't easy. But God said this Earth isn't our home...we have an eternal home. Repent daily and turn your heart towards Him. Don't allow life experiences and people to cause you to become bitter. Let it help you become better and use it as learning tool. I know it's not easy but God will strengthen you. Don't harden your heart against Him. He is what you really need. God is not like people. I'm sorry that you have experienced some hard pain caused by those you loved and the ones in the world. I apologize (if you know me personally or have known me personally) if I showed you a way that made you have a slighted view of who God is and his nature. But I want to let you know humans are frail and are not perfect. They were made from dust and will return to dust. Put your hope in God and grace His people that are learning day by day on how to live through this crazy life. Humans were never meant to take God's place. They will fail you....He will not.  

As I am processing grief and allowing God to order my steps....keep me in your prayers! I would like to finish this race strong and never give up like my late grandmother did. Pray that I will never give up...pray that I will NOT stop blogging my journey with mental health and ministering openly about it. Pray for my strength! Pray that I will live to see God's marvelous works in my life! I'm not sure about having 6 kids, 15 grandchildren, and 20 great grandchildren like my grandma---she had a mini army! lol But whatever God's perfect will is concerning for me to have my own family...I will be happy and content with. 

I am praying for you! You are not alone in this journey...we are in this together!

If you are contemplating suicide and are experiencing suicidal ideation, I want to encourage you to call into the Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255. YOUR LIFE MATTERS! YOU HAVE PURPOSE! (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/)

Until next time,

JESUS  love you and I  love you too!

xo Sheree B
me and my late Grandma Sharon G Grafton 




Disclaimer: I am not a licensed professional or social worker yet but I am a certified mental health first aider and mental health awareness advocate. I strongly suggest reaching out for professional help and speaking with a psychiatrist and/or therapist of all thoughts of hopelessness and suicidal thoughts. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn