Skip to main content

The Faith Factor vs. The Fear Factor



FAITH > FEAR






     God's been ministering to me that His people are hiding from Him as if He doesn't see, know or understand who you are, the plan for your life, the home situation you are in and the family you were born in. God already knew things way before you were born. Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you, I knew you.  He knows your biggest insecurities, flaws, faults, strengths, your power in Christ, and all the above. He knows the times when you feel like I can't take it, I'm not going to make it, I'm failing at every attempt, I can't overcome this, I won't be healed from this...But God! He wants to show you differently he wants to take you a higher in 2013 but the only way He can do it is if you stop hiding all your emotions, pains, struggles, stresses, worries, and concerns and lay it at His feet so that He can bless your life---my new favorite words ( like never before! :)  God wants to position you in greater FAITH because He is so FAITHFUL and your GREATER is COMING because He wants to show you His GLORY!


So let's run a test and choose which pathways you want to take in life. It's either FAITH or FEAR! No shades of gray. 

Fear says: I will never get married or keep healthy Godly relationships and friendships. No one will understand my family background, my past or present circumstance, love me, or put up with me. I can't possibly have a marriage God's way. 
Faith says: I will get married and marry God's way & best for my life. I am abounded by the grace, love and steadfastness of God and I will be able to love someone how Christ loves me whether it is reciprocated or not during test and trials. I will have healthy relationships and friendships. I will birth many nations like Abraham  and be a person that inherits much. 
Fear says: I shouldn't have kids because drug addictions, mental illnesses, depression, cancer, diabetes, heart diseases,  and more sicknesses and diseases runs in my bloodline.
Faith says: I speak against every addiction that is not of God,  sickness or disease off my bloodline and my generations to come. My battles will not be my children battles. His love, healing power, grace and faithfulness will be continued through each generation. You will start worshipping God saying break every chain and meditate on his Word: Psalm 100:4-5 
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Fear says: I will never get a job, I'm not smart enough to go to school, I will never achieve my goals. I will never change. I'm a failure. There's no hope for poor little ole me.
Faith says:  I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13  and to Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord! Psalm 31:24 Employment is coming, I will finish schooling and have the funding, resources, and scholarships. My goals and God-given assignment will be finished and complete until the day of Christ! Phillipians 1:6
Fear says: I will breakdown.
Faith Says: I will breakthrough!
Fear says: I will never have respect, godly boldness, or courage. I will always be rejected.
Faith says"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. Genesis 12:2
Fear says: I will never get out of my circumstance whether its physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, or financially.
Faith says: Ephesians 1:11-14 KJV
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Fear says: Everyone is against me.
Faith says: If God is for us, who can be against us. Romans 8:31
Fear says: People will always walk out on me.
Deuteronomy 32:4 4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

Faith says: God remove those who hinder me from the vision you have given and surround me around eagles who desire to soar!
Fear says: There's no safety in this world, I can't rest, I tremble in fear or worries of the crazy stuff that happens daily or harm that might come my way. 
Faith says: Psalm 91
Fear says: Be concerned about what others think of you.
Faith says: Keep your mind and heart set on Christ. He will keep you in perfect peace. Isaiah 26:3
Fear says: But my past..
Faith saysInstead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs Isaiah 61:7. and to meditate on "New Beginnings" and Isaiah 43:16 and Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!
Fear says: I can never love again.
Faith says: I can fall in love with Christ first, and love someone the way Christ does which is unconditional!
Fears says: I will never lose this weight or I will gain all this weight back.
Faith says: I will have a healthy Godly body image by eating healthy and exercising. I accept and love the shape and size God designed for me. 
Fear says: I will die.
Faith says: I will live and not die, I will proclaim what the LORD has done. Psalm 118:17.
Fear says: My marriage will fail.
Faith says: Let no man put asunder. Matthew  19:6
Fear says: I will not eat, drink or be clothed. My bills will not get paid, and I will be in financial debts forever.
Faith says: Psalm 54:4 and Matthew 6:26



  This list could go on but the Holy Spirit prompted me to stop. Now, I want you to take a moment and write down your fears then combat your fears with the word of God. At the end of the list I want you to write Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (KJV) and highlight! WRITE the scripture extra big!  :) --- seriously!

Then scratch out your fears and highlight what FAITH is speaking to you and let it be written on your heart and watch how God order your steps and lay everything out for you!


May the Lord, Jesus Christ, guard your heart and mind. May you know that in his word Lamentations 3:23 Great is his faithfulness, his mercies begin afresh each morning. You have each morning to reflect on the highlighted things and to rejoice in the light of our King, who is the way, the truth and the light. John 14:16. In Jesus Name, by Faith it is so. Amen. 

I am praying for you, please keep me lifted in your prayers as well!


SMILE :) God loves you! 

Much Love,
Detroit Gospel Girl
Sheree B
God is so amazing...He makes wonders happen!

Connect with me on Facebook: Sheree B



Fear says: Detroit will never have a comeback! It will always be in a financial crisis,  have a high illiteracy rate, neighborhoods will be bad, educational resources will always be in lack, it will  be full of crime and will always be considered the murder glove.
Faith says: DETROIT will have a comeback! Its financial debts will be paid off. Programs will be developed and financed to create increase in relative resources, sponsorship, marketing and funding to develop the residents in the City of Detroit as well as the city itself, public educational school systems and businesses. The crime rate will go down, employment will increase, as well as  the market, trade and tourism for the City of Detroit and be referred to again as the old Paris. Prayers of the righteous availeth much...

And...I will not be continuing with WAYN radio for this Winter Semester due to my schedule. However, I will continue to blog to bring forth what the WAYN Gospel Show was about and move forward this Spring with blogtalk and vlogging! I am praying heavily for the city of Detroit and that righteousness, new things, restoration, redemption, unity, healing, and deliverance will be exalted. I am praying for spiritual and political leadership! I will keep you posted! Still downloading interviews from previous semester...I will post soon! Blessings to you! Don't forget to add me on facebook: Sheree B! I would love to connect with you, feel free to email me as well at detroitgoseplgirl@gmail.com! :) & <3 






-More-





Come out to this supernatural event...God will be there!











.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn