Skip to main content

How to Be Intimate with God

      It's Friday, and to some, you may say T.G.I.F as in, Thank God It's Friday, Thank God I'm Favored, or Thank God I'm Forgiven! But God pressed in my heart  for the past month to say, Thank God I'm Free, referring to John 8:36. Free from bondage, my past, my failures, my pain, my hurt, my mess-ups, and downfalls. God gives life so much more meaning than all of that! He awakes us each day with new set of mercies. Whew! So thankful for Jesus and growing in this walk and love with Him. Finally had a moment and share this blog about how to be intimate with Him:

 Are you feeling tugs at your heart saying let go of this, spend more time with God? Get off your cell phone, facebook, twitter, instagram, social cam, or etc., because those are distractions that are keeping you from spending time with God? Ever sat wondering, God, I see you working through sister or brother so and so, and moving on their behalf, but what about me? God, I want to get to know you even more, tune into the Holy Spirit and allow you to teach, comfort, speak and direct me but I just don't know how? Maybe, even Lord, I know you called me into ministry but I am dealing with fear, anxiety, shame, guilt, or etc? Okay, the list could go on and on...understanding from all of that, is this is where God wants to come in your life and have a relationship with you. He wants to be intimate and desires to help you in every area of your life. He wants to mold you so that you can walk out your purpose with Godly boldness and confidence in Him, alone. He wants to be the only voice you hear over the thousand voices that you allow into your gates. God is patient, and He loves you so dearly and is with you always. Question is, Do you want to be as intimate with God as bad as He wants to be with you? He is so jealous for you!
     About a month ago, on the WAYN Gospel Show, I talked about how to be intimate with God. Key things I pointed out were to develop a prayer life, set time aside to read your Word and talk to God daily, and go into worship with God by dancing/listening/singing/playing music that glorifies Jesus Christ. God spoke to me and said, "People talk about me, however, they don't talk directly to ME." At first, I was like huh? But He began to show me that they cry to Him, and say, "Help me Lord", and then go right to their distractions/idols like social media, cell phone, or turn on some music that doesn't pertain to Him at all to find their comfort, validation, and security. Some even find it difficult to die to their flesh and get vulnerable with God. He is waiting for people to welcome Him in so they can truly melt in his peace and fall into His presence to find rest. He truly desires for his Holy Spirit to dwell in you and for you to renew your mind in His Word and do what is pleasing to God. (Romans 12:2).

When you are intimate with God you will:

  • Understand His love for you. Romans 5:8, Psalm 13:5, Jeremiah 31:3, just to name a few. There's way more! 
  • Find your worth, identity, and purpose in Him. Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 1:4-5, Psalm 139:1-4
  • You will long to seek after Him and seek him wholeheartedly. Jeremiah 29:13, Isaiah 26:9, Phililpians 3:3
  •  NOT think of God and His church, a "religious" matter, but you will know He is a relational God and you would want to have encounters and experience with God, wherever you are and worship and love on Him ---Monday through Sunday--- for the rest of your life. Psalm 34:8, Psalm 19:1-4,  Phillipians 1:11
  •  Depend on Him and not Man. Psalm 62:7
  • It will grieve your spirit to disobey God and continue in sin. Ephesians 4:30
     You are probably reading and like there is way more that comes out of being intimate with God, and BET! There definitely is...so now, take this time and go forward with God! It is so worth it. But remember this, everyone around you are not going to agree with the changes that you are making, as you seek after Christ because they simply can't understand where God is taking you. Trust, as you are becoming intimate with God and dying to your flesh daily; people will test and try you! They will see if you are truly living your life for Christ, watch you and some will even gossip and make fun of you. God will give you divine revelation of all those things as well, but don't go retaliate and get caught up in your flesh. Forgive quickly! There is no point of losing your cool. Walk in spiritual maturity and wisdom and do exactly what God has call you to do. Draw closer to Him (James 4:7). God will heal, restore, prune and strengthen you through it all. He will send  people who will love you with the love of the Lord, pray and intercede for you and pushes you towards God, so that you can soar like an eagle. Pay no mind to the people who are "preying" on you. Take this moment to stop saying, I'm going to spend time with God, instead of doing _(insert) and do it. God already knows. He says, "Just Do It" there is nothing to lose and He got you! He's ready, but ARE YOU? What's Stopping You? (in which I will blog about later.)
     Surrender and ask God to set a fire in your soul to press into Him. He loves you! Don't give up on Him! His strength is perfect in your weakness, (2 Corinthians 12:9). He makes all things new and old things have passed away! (2 Corinthians 5:17) He forgives you, run to Him! His arms are always wide open. He is your first love (1 John 4:19).  His love really makes it worth it all. Be still and know that He is God! (Psalm 46:10) God is not done with you, He is going before you!

    Another thing is, "Trusting God Every Step of the Way" in which I will talk about on the WAYN Gospel Show, tomorrow, Saturday, November 17th 12 p.m to 1 p.m.(EST) live on waynradio.net. If you are tuning in from your cell phone, be sure to download the app, WINAMP.  The Holy Spirit has really been dealing with me in this area, so it's time to press forth and let God have his way!

Have a blessed day! Remember God is amazing and He loves you!


Love,
Detroit Gospel Girl
God is so awesome xoxoxo


Host: Sheree Braswell of the WAYN Gospel Show at WAYN Radio. This was the day of WAYN Radio Workshop
(http://wsuwaynradio.wordpress.com/2012/09/19/wayn-radio-fall-programs/img_4242/)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn