Skip to main content

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.
      Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times. Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!  For it says in his Word,  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT

(Sad but true at times)
     Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn over the lost of loved ones, reminiscing. This time of the year probably brings back memories when you were once in love with someone, engaged, married, divorced, or etc and the emotions are making you feel heaviness. You may have lost a home, or bought a home. You might have kicked off into your dream career, or lost your career ! Someone in your life didn't support you or may have walked out of your life but God!  Whatever the case may be, let us take the time to take our eyes off of "ourselves" and focus on Christ and be thankful! Let's first, thank Him for allowing us to give thanks on today because we are still alive. You are alive to walk out your destiny and to birth out your God-given purpose. You are still alive to change your mindset and move forward. You are able to repent and live life exceedingly and abundantly through Jesus Christ. You are still able to make a difference in someone's else's life, family, friends, workplace, or even at school! Embrace God's love on other people and thank Him for being, love! 
      Instead of focusing on the things you do not have, give thanks for what you do have! Believe, you do have more than what others could ever hope for. Be thankful for the ones that do love you and are still living. Be thankful for each meal you receive, whether it's a t.v dinner or a full course meal. Be thankful for the roof over your head! Be thankful for being healthy physically, and mentally! Be thankful for the clothes on your back, the bed that you are able to sleep in by yourself, or the room you have all to yourself. Be thankful for the hot water you are able to wash and bathe in! Be thankful for job you do have! Most of all, be thankful for knowing Christ as your Lord and Savior and be content with your portion. 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!





Love,
Detroit Gospel Girl
God is so awesome xoxo

Host: Sheree Braswell




  









Just a few reminders
  • WAYN Gospel Show will not be aired this Saturday, November 24th due to the holiday!
  • There are two shows left one on Saturday, December 1st, and 8th. Be sure to tune in with your host "LIVE" via waynradio.net 12 p.m to 1p.m (EST) topics will be notified on my facebook! Be sure to add me:Sheree B
  • I will be blogging more soon, once the semester is over and will put up an archival blog with all the previous shows I recorded and the great people I interviewed. :) Coming soon!
  • I am so thankful for the support and love. I am praying for you and I thank God for all the prayers that has been given to me. 
  • I would love to hear from you! Feel free to email me at detroitgospelgirl@gmail.com. 
  • Stay posted with my blog, feel free to follow, comment or etc.
  • Always remember God is amazing and He loves you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m