Skip to main content

Letting Go of Regret


Photo cred: Transformation Magazine 



Hey loves,

I wanted to take a moment to blog about something that’s been deeply affecting me lately: letting go of regret. I’ve met many people who shared their regrets with me, and recently, I found myself in that same space. I noticed how regret was stealing my peace, joy, happiness, and overall quality of life. Others saw it too and recently called me out on it. It led to negativity, and to be honest, it was triggering my depression and anxiety.

I got caught up in the “shoulda, coulda, wouldas,” and all that did was drag me further down. Over the weekend, I had a moment where I was triggered and felt regret and insecurity, even after posting about my healing. It felt like a cruel taunt: “Are you really healed? Are you sure?” I was left feeling defeated and discouraged.

But I’m declaring this week, especially since we’re in a month of new beginnings, as a time to let it all go. I don’t know exactly how it will happen, but day by day, I’m making the decision to release the negativity, regrets, and pain of the past and embrace the new. Maybe it’s time to turn that pain and those past mistakes into purpose, reclaim my power, and rebuild my confidence.

I watched a video by Sarah Jakes Roberts where she shared how her blogging journey began in 2010, writing about her pain, depression, and anxiety. It led to a supportive community of women with similar struggles. I’ve been writing on Facebook since high school in 2008, and I started blogging about faith and mental health in 2012. It has led to meaningful connections and opportunities.

Last year, during this same month, I found myself lying on the bed, feeling lost and disconnected from who I used to be. I thought, “How could I, who wrote a book on knowing your worth, end up feeling so broken?” I felt abandoned, shattered, and overwhelmed with shame, guilt, and condemnation. I was asking God why this was happening to me. And then, God spoke to me, reminding me of the scripture:

“The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.” — Proverbs 24:16

When I felt abandoned, God gave me this scripture:

“God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.” — Psalm 18:20, 24 MSG

And He recently gave me this for those who may gloat over my struggles and speak ill of what’s to come: He’s putting me back together, and doom is not my portion.

“God, pick up the pieces. Put me back together again. You are my praise!” — Jeremiah 17:14-18

I have so many ideas to blog and share from my journey. Even though regret still creeps in, I’m finally blogging and feeling a renewed fire to share what I’ve learned. I want to show how pain can be turned into purpose and mistakes into miracles. While I can’t change the past, I can let others know they’re not alone and that God loves them, no matter what.

So here’s to letting go of regrets because what God has in store is so much bigger and better, all for His glory in our lives.

I love you, and I’m praying for you. God loves you!

God Bless,

xo Ree



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Two Young Women on the Rise and Pressing Forth for Godly Success!

The Scripture of the Week was Ecclesiates 3:1-11, which talks about the seasons for the activities under the Heavens. Do you know which season you are in? Don't try to figure it all out but stand to know that God may be preparing you or could be releasing you? God spoke to me and many whom I know that this is the year where God is going to manifest things for His children. The creative ideas, businesses, employment, books & etc that you ask God for are going to happen in this season! Do you believe it?  God is ready to bless you! There are many who are in labour and are ready to birth the great things that God predestined them to do. Well, this is the nineth month of the year and yes, it is the time to birth what God has sent you to do! It's time to stop holding yourself back, carry the armor of God and go forth!   I've recently had the opportunity of interviewing,  Editor in Chief of Teen Era Magazine , Shirah Whitehead and Author of the upcoming book,  Confidence o