Skip to main content

How to Be Single God's Way!



        Hello lovelies!! It's been a while since I've blogged. It's been a time of consecrating, letting God break me in some areas and being busy with ministry and school. I've had an awesome time doing all those things that I missed blogging a bit and the Lord told me to blog about How to Be Single God's Way! So what an awesome time to blog and do it on  Valentine's Day!? I'm excited and happy that I get a chance to share with you some things I've learned as a single young christian woman. The Lord actually spoke to me during a movie with my girlfriends...I wanted to hang with some girlfriends for Valentine's Day and go to the show and movies and have girl talk. We went to go see How to Be Single on Friday night and had dinner at Apple Bee's...so much fun and the food was yummy! The movie was hilarious and very insightful; for me it moved me to think about my single years and how I spent it with the Lord. For some this day may be very hard as well as the other holidays like Christmas, and Thanksgiving, where you tend to see engagement proposals, swapping gifts, and professed loved towards one another. You may be tired of your singleness and be wondering Lord, when is it going to be my time?! You may be talking to some guys that you may be stringing along or they may be string you along.  You might have got into a break up right before the Valentine's Day. Rest assured that the Lord sees all that you are going through and He alone longs to heal your broken heart, love you deeply and comfort you! He wants to be a Husband to you and be your groom and cherish you as His Bride. In the movie, How to Be Single, the main character ran to men for sex and fulfillment which a lot of women tend to do. She had voids like every woman in the world except her voids were filled by gratifying the flesh, of course it wasn't a christian film so God wasn't mentioned when she tried to reach her point of wholeness. But GOD alone is the one who fulfills and completes you! There is void in your heart for him to fulfill. The Lord broke it down to me how everyone wants to feel accepted and loved and that is fine, but we must receive it from Him first so we can know how to love others God's way in purity and in truth. We must be chaste in our singleness, honoring God with our mind, body and soul and wait on His timing to send someone that will do the same. Believe God even in your past that you didn't walk in purity and you have children that God can and will send someone in your life who will honor God and honor you. Do you feel you are worthy of God's love in the flesh for it happen to you!? Well God does, HE wants the very best for His children lives. God wants to see you prosper in His will. He doesn't want to see you in a whole bunch of soul ties that aren't with your one day husband or wife. Here are three simple ways how to be single God's way!
 1. Spend time with the Lord. I noticed for being single for 5 years, well 23 years, that I have gotten closer to the Lord. I really got to know the Lord and his word for myself and not through a guy that is called to be a preacher. No shade intended. It's just I've learned so much by making myself available to the Lord with no one voice knocking down what I know the Lord spoke to me. I grew in discernment and some of my gifts. I really began to understand how God thought of me and loved me. It showed me in my quiet time how I can have so much fear, worry, and unbelief. The Lord really has been working on me to increase my faith in Him. Believing that Jesus Christ is the only way and there is no other way to Heaven except through Him. I learned that the Lord is really my friend, provider and biggest Confidant. He truly rewards and intercedes on my behalf. Gosh, there is no one like Jesus.
2. Get to know your purpose/calling. Yep I said it! What has the Lord called you to do? Why are some of you seeking from a man and woman this "purpose" in a relationship, when you don't know what you've been called to do! Start by figuring out your gifts, interest, seek God face and let him reveal it to you. Don't pursue your purpose after you're married! GOD has tons of stuff He wants you to do while you're single. I actually accepted my call to ministry at 20 and did my trial sermon at 21. It was the best decision ever and I was actually one of those that wanted to be married first and then do ministry together but God saw different! He showed me it was a sense of completion for me to be married and he wanted me to know I can be complete and whole in Him. Now I am excited about my purpose, preaching and encouraging whoever and praying when God brings my husband that are purpose align with one another. Amen!? LOL But seriously, find out your purpose and get started. Wait on no one but the Lord. He is with you and guiding your steps!
3. Let GOD fill your voids. So what's the condition of your heart? What are you running to be the savior of your life? Jesus died and rose 2000 years ago...He is still living and longs to help you stop running to the drinking, smoking, having sex outside of marriage, overeating, excessive shopping, and the list can go on. God wants to heal you from your past, from childhood til now. He wants to break off the generational curses off you bloodline so it will not pass down the bloodline so you can raise a new generation. The Lord wants to show you differently and going back to step 1, there's no spending time with God and be close 1 month and then the next month you are distant and you're not spending time with Him anymore. The LORD desires consistency, he's a consistent GOD who will NEVER fail you! Trust Him in this area. Ask Him to be your void filler. I promise you He will!!


Just a few things my church is having a celebration of God's love this month and we have two weeks left. Sunday, February 21, we will have a service for the Healing for the Brokenhearted and the last Sunday, February 28 is the Foot Washing Service at 2pm. The address is 17520 Office Center W. 12 mile rd Southifield Mi 48075 suite 211. I hope you can make it! I would love to fellowship with you!

If you have any prayer request feel free to email me at shereebraswell@gmail.com


May you have a blessed Valentine's Day! God loves you soooo much!!
Me and my gf's after seeing the movie How to Be Single!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn