Skip to main content

Who DO you worship?

"After that, Abram traveled south and set up camp in the hill country, with Bethel to the west and Ai to the east. There he built another altar and dedicated it to the LORD, and he worshiped the LORD" Genesis12:8


         Sitting here in worshiping my King in my room with a holy altar set up for Him---just want to note that this experience with Christ is beyond amazing. Listening to one of my fave worship songs by William McDowell "I Belong to You" on blast times 1 billion;  thinking about how God's sweetest love overflows into my life ...has always and continues to completely satisfy and fulfill me. His dear words that He wanted me to share with you are these beautiful words here:  "I will prepare a place for you".
      After a few occurrences with people the past year where I've been in grocery stores and randomly chat with people while shopping..and after the chat-- you're both  like, "I hope to see each other again and then you both say "we will ...in heaven" with a nod and smile.  This scenario has happened periodically over my life. So, as I sit here, I'm like Lord, "how can I please you in every way to make it in the narrow door.. I long to see your face, kiss your feet and have your arms wrapped around me saying I love you  daughter, thanks for being faithful." When God said He was taking things to another level for his Children, expansion, opening barren wombs,  divine healing and miracles,  healing from sicknesses and diseases, awakening those who are sleeping, shifting things for His people and delivering His promises...tears in my eyes began to flow. 
     As you are reading this blog, I pray that God's overwhelming love, His intimacy, grace, peace, joy, hedge of protection, holy ghost fire blaze and consume your soul times 1 billion and may the comfort from the holy spirit and  holy ministering angels surround you and your place of resting; that the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit with divine revelation--- reveal themselves to you where you are right now, that it may capture your heart, mind, body and soul and all that is from the heaven gates overflow in your life more abundantly and in deeper ways than ever before! 
      I blogged before about "How to be Intimate with God" but I want to encourage you to go even deeper with Christ in your worship...prepare a place in your room and worship Him. Please do not give me the side eye because of me challenging you in this way ... when back in the day you might have bumped to  Snoop Dogg, "Drop it like it's Hot"  and there are sex altars dedicated to that man. Like really? Let's grow and  mature in our walk and worship with Christ.   Back to the altar...Why prepare a place for God in your home? For me, it is to show my honor, reverence and love for God.  I lay my prayer requests as well as others, things i can't seem to "shake off ",  my struggles and burdens. I have my prayer rug right next to my altar, where I bow down and worship Jesus with a box of Angel soft kleenex that has butterflies (represents change/transformation) on it  so when those tears begin to fall.   I put some worship music on,  pray in the spirit or however God leads me. I do some praise moves (alternative to yoga) and I go in!  I journal often but I sometimes I would pick those issues that I pour out.. right back up..so now, I put those things I need to get rid of or whatever is causing my spirit to feel heaviness---put it on the altar, leave it there and allow God to work it out and pour into me and then journal.  I'm practicing to "Be still and know that He is God". Leaving those things at my altar; that I prepare for Him makes me feel like wow, I'm really giving this to Him and I don't have to wait til Sunday, "wooohooo" lol :) ! My worship with God is personal and intimate in every way and it makes me feel so glad to know that God smiles and honor it.  (I will talk further in this blogpost what I put on my altar).  I desire while i'm temporarily here ...to make my living here on Earth as it is in heaven ...as much as possible. God promises a place for us with Him for eternity ...so why not prepare a place for Him while you are here on Earth temporarily?  

John 14

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” 

My mini altar


  When God placed this on my heart to share...there are many times where my heart feels troubled  or anxious about  a lot of things that goes on in my personal life and in this troubled world. Especially, when you hear more death reports than praise reports, tragic happenings daily, and live in an era where you see even more signs of perilous times. But when I read John 14, it gives me so much comfort and peace. I pray that it does the same for you. When things happen in life that seems unfair, or seems like it suppose to harm you, run to God. I run to Him...not only for myself but for those I know and love dearly, as well as those I don't know personally, or when  God shows me or lay a person on my heart to pray for.  I go to my place of worship where I prepared for Him, worshiping, praising and crying out to Him. In  Psalm 22:22-24 I will declare your name to my people;
    in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
    All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
    Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
    the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
    but has listened to his cry for help.

   God's presence is sweet and breathtaking. I love basking in the presence of the Lord. I ask God to remove all blockage and anything that is not like Him from me, and release one thing at a time to Him. Whether it's about my past, present or future...I allow God to deal and continue to deal with me in those areas,  where I have kinks and wrinkles that can be difficult and uncomfortable to face at times but I NEED Him to iron it all out. I love how He loves me enough to help me out and do it. GOD has proven himself to me over and over again, that He will never leave me nor forsake me and that He is with me  always and wherever I go. Whew, such an amazing love that I really can't explain...all i know is it's unmatched! In my place of worship, I find that God is my biggest confidant.  His hand is stretched towards me and He is very willingly to love, encourage, comfort and help me through every season of my life. 

    The same God that does it for me...can do it for you! But you have a choice to choose Him or not. He gives us free will.

Joshua 24:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

    I choose Christ! Everytime,  I tried to step outside of God's plan...I would get hit left and right and feel God's spirit leave me. It's a daily decision to keep obeying and following Him because you have to deny yourself, pick up your cross  daily and follow Him. Luke 9:23-24

  Q: Why do you choose to worship Christ when there are a plenty of other gods to worship?
  A:  Well, when i was 7 yrs old, I would get this dream very frequent that I was in Egypt, and my hands were in chains and I was being  thrown at a Pharaoh's feet. The Pharaoh would ask me, "who do you worship?" The pharaoh would yell at me and tell me to bow down and worship the Sun god "Rah" and if I didn't..He had a sword in his hand and told me, I will kill you, along with a soldier standing behind me with a sword in his hands as well, and the Pharaoh will begin to say ..Bow down and say Rah is your God. With my face towards the floor, I would say Jesus is Lord. After getting whipped and beaten(which I could feel while I was sleeping when i was a kid) the Pharaoh would say to me again, Who do you worship? I would tell him, Jesus, and I remember waking up before being killed in my dream. I would wake up all sweaty and in tears as a child because I would have this dream on more than one occassion. After that my dreams got deeper, God began to show me people, their clothing, places, buildings, land, world issues, hell and heaven.


That is only part of my journey with Christ, I'm sure you have your own and I am praying for you! Keep me lifted as well.


God ridiculously cares about you,

Love,
Sheree B


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn