Skip to main content

What's Stopping YOU?



      God has been speaking to me about this for a while, and all I can say is that it made me lay on my face and cry out to Him about things that were stopping me from doing what He told me to do. It got to the point where I walked into the restroom and it was a big writing on the wall stating, "What's Stopping You"? It makes you ponder on how many signs and wonders does it takes for God to get our attention to do what He wants and needs for us to do! It's like He's constantly speaking to us to press through; yet we don't step out on faith to do the things He's called us to do! So, you wait until the next time for God to give you a word, then wait for someone to give you a confirming word, then you feel the tugs at your heart, then you get distracted, and then depressed. Please stop, pray, Hear the voice and most of all, obey! In the words of my sis, Shirah Whitehead, " Your obedience is contingent to your blessings." --- In fact, that is so very true! God will give you clarity when you seek after him wholeheartedly and diligently  He will answer you and that's when the doors start opening!  There are so many great plans God has in store for His children. He speaks to us in a still small voice, and His Holy Spirit longs to dwell in us for eternity! Amazing right?! Indeed. Therefore, God wants us to stop delaying the things that He has spoken to us because He desires to see His children walk in the fullness of God and that the God-driven plans to come into fruition. There's a ministry, He told you to start, start it! Business plans you are supposed to be writing, write it! Spending time with Him so that you can get closer to Him and feel His presence; it will be an experience of your life!  Eating healthier and exercising; allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you about what you should or shouldn't eat and give you an exercise regimen suitable for you. You can't say I'm fasting but in reality you are trying to lose weight and told God the fast is for spiritual reasons. If you are a victim of that, don't condemn yourself; God loves you and His concerns and plans for you is way deeper than that.  Staying off of facebook/twitter/instagram/ etc., so that you can focus on what He wants to speak to you concerning His perfect will, then REFOCUS! The enemy job is to steal, kill, and destroy. He comes to attack us emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
      Procrastination is a thief. It is to take our time and energy off of our God given assignment and throw us off operating in balance and order. It's definitely one of my biggest flaws but I had to get to the root of it and that was " fear".  Then, I get this feeling like "I can do it" or "I got this" and honestly, I don't and never will. There's nothing I can do without God and I am nothing without Him. God has to continuously slash out my I's and give him the areas where I am weak and struggle, so that He can strengthen me. We are all a work in progress. So instead, I say," I can't" but with GOD, I definitely CAN, and He does it all! Things are so much easier when you allow God to be GOD and just know your a vessel and a mouthpiece for Him. God will give you the words to speak, the things to write, and take you to the places you need to be, especially when you realize it's not you, it's all Him.
   So, what else is stopping you? Negative people?! People will always have something to say. Most times, it's a bad habit they might have picked up from their environment. Pray for them and keep it moving. We will all disagree on things but God's question to us will we react like Him and forgive? Not be easily offended---oh boy that's a flesh killer! Will will we bless those who curse us and love on our enemies? He will definitely bring you peace with them. God blesses those who are peacemakers. Remember, Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called sons of God." Allow God to deal with the people that mistreat you, believe or not...He loves them too, ya know? His avenges are greater than yours but you shouldn't rejoice when He give people their judgement. We all fall short to the glory of God.  
    What's next? Your past, it's nothing you can do to change it, but you can choose to move forward! Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended : but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  We put our own minds in a prison trap that causes us to be stagnant. God wants to heal and restore you, that's why its' you and Him at this moment. God wants you to become a better you! He wants to show you that you can't be bound by people either. No one has authority over but Jesus Christ. The doors that people "think" they are holding against or closing on you; God will bust down those doors, and open Heaven gates up for you!


2013 is 3 days away! Let it be a year for new beginnings and breaking out of the shell! Let go of the relationships that hinder you from walking in your God-given destiny and give it to Jesus! Die to your flesh, and allow God to resurrect those dreams/visions/ministries inside of you!

I am praying for you and continue to keep me lifted in prayer! May God bless you as you continue to walk in this journey with Him!



God is amazing and He loves you!

Love,
Detroit Gospel Girl-Sheree B
xoxoxo

Wayn Radio DJ's and I 













And....


  • Connect with me I would love to hear from you, FB name: Sheree B. :)
  • WAYN Gospel Show will start back for the Winter semester! I will keep you posted!
  • I am still working on downloading this semester interviews onto my blog. Know any easy ways how to do it? Feel free to email me at detroitgospelgirl@gmail.com. I would greatly appreciate it!! :) & <3 



Comments

  1. Amen! thanks for posting this, for I truly needed to hear these words. God has been tugging at my heart to go forth with something but I've held back. but not anymore. Thank you once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! May God continue to guide and lead you! Blessings to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn