Skip to main content

Two Young Women on the Rise and Pressing Forth for Godly Success!

The Scripture of the Week was Ecclesiates 3:1-11, which talks about the seasons for the activities under the Heavens. Do you know which season you are in? Don't try to figure it all out but stand to know that God may be preparing you or could be releasing you? God spoke to me and many whom I know that this is the year where God is going to manifest things for His children. The creative ideas, businesses, employment, books & etc that you ask God for are going to happen in this season! Do you believe it?  God is ready to bless you! There are many who are in labour and are ready to birth the great things that God predestined them to do. Well, this is the nineth month of the year and yes, it is the time to birth what God has sent you to do! It's time to stop holding yourself back, carry the armor of God and go forth!

  I've recently had the opportunity of interviewing,  Editor in Chief of Teen Era Magazine, Shirah Whitehead and Author of the upcoming book, Confidence of a Winner, Leah Whitehead, who understood that this was their season to birth the visions, gifts stirred, and allow God to manifest every step of the way! Due to relying heavily on God's word, these young women of God, Shirah Whitehead (22) and Leah Whitehead (20), have stepped out on faith with their publishing of their very own magazine and book.


Left to Right: Leah Whitehead and Shirah Whitehead 
 On Saturday, September 1st, Shirah Whitehead had her 2nd magazine signing held at The Globe Bible Bookstore on East Jefferson in Detroit, MI, which was a huge success! She received gifts from published authors and musical artists. One of her guest traveled all the way from Ohio to receive a signed magazine from the the Editor in Chief. Shirah Whitehead is a woman of integrity who shows a prime example of "Godly Success" who walks by faith!

Highlights from the interview with Shirah Whitehead (Editor in Chief) and Leah Whitehead (Author):

DGG: Shirah, first Teen Era was a dream and now it is a reality. How did Teen Era come about?

Shirah Whitehead: Well, Teen Era began in 2009 and it took me 3 years to release it. I worked really hard, prayed, read my word, and sought after God. I didn't even know how to create my own magazine. I spoke with my mom about the idea of publishing my own magazine and that night God gave me the name for it in a dream, Teen Era. From that point on, God directed my steps and showed me how to put it together with the things included. 
On December 2, 2008 she puts "this is going to be a reality one day"

4 years later: "It came to pass" 
DGG: That is so great. I see you have a lot of interesting topics included in the magazine. My favorite part is "Simple Godly Steps For Success". What advice do you have for those who God has spoken to about ministry, starting a business, publishing a book, or etc?

Shirah Whitehead: Yes, I talk about fashion, dating, makeup tips, and I have music artists featured as well. But my advice is to see yourself doing it. Set a goal, stay focused and go by the scripture Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" and Jeremiah 29:11. You must have faith...your obedience is contingent to your blessing!

DGG: I love it! I see you have music band, 21:03, Fuzed Worship and music artist, Brent Sealy, with his album, In Too Deep. I love the quality of your magazine as well. But talk about Brent Sealy and his style.

Shirah Whitehead: Aww, thank you! It was great interviewing both 21:03 and Brent. Sealy style is more edgy yet powerful and anointed. It is very different from most kingdom artists, but I enjoy every song on his CD. I love to listen to his music because it takes you into deeper worship with God on another level. 

DGG:  That is so awesome. Where can customers purchase Teen ERA? Will there be another magazine signing?

Shirah Whitehead: Absolutely. The 3rd magazine signing will be at Baker's Bible Bookstore in Detroit on Grand River, the date is TBA. You can purchase the magazine online at http://teeneramagazine.com/ and it's sold in stores, Bible Discount 26756 Dequindre Road Warren, MI 48091 and Globe Bible Bookstore 2990 East Jefferson, Detroit, MI 48207

DGG: Wow. That is so great! Tell us how can people connect with you? Facebook, Twitter, blogspot, etc? And contact you far as advertising and write for Teen Era Magazine.

Shirah Whitehead: They can add me on Facebook: Shirah Whitehead. Like us on facebook.com/ Teen Era Magazine and follow us on twitter: @teeneramagazine. Visit our blog: Teeneramagazine.blogspot.com or website: www.teeneramagazine.com. They can feel free to write us at PO BOX 820 Southfield,  MI 48037. To contact me far as advertising rates, and writing for Teen Era, please visit our site at www.teeneramagazine.com, there is a submission form available. 


Editor in Chief: Shirah Whitehead of Teen Era Magazine
Shirah Whitehead, born and raised in Michigan. Shirah is a college student with a double major in Radio Broadcasting and Theatre. She is the Founder and Creator of Teen Era Magazine. As Shirah goes forth in her calling, she will soon be starting her teen ministry and later plans to extend it internationally. Shirah has a passion to see the body of Christ succeed and move forward in God's Word. She is committed to reaching out to the troubled youth to encourage and inspire them to "earn respect alternatively (ERA)" meaning letting them know what God word says about them and building their image to be like Christ as the center in all aspects of their life.








DGG: Leah, Tell us about Confidence of a Winner:

Leah Whitehead: Confidence of a Winner wrote itself. It is my journey of how I matured in Christ, the obstacles I had to overcome and how I put my confidence in God to see me through it all. This book will empower many women to overcome and be winners for Christ with godly boldness and confidence. 

DGG: Wow, that's wonderful. When will the book be released in stores?

Leah Whitehead: By the end of this year, the publishing part is still in process. I will keep you posted on released dates and locations. 

DGG: I can't wait! I'm definitely having you back on the show so that you can announce your book signing and release. What advice do you have for someone who is writing a book?

Leah Whitehead: I've been writing all my life. I would write short stories, poetry, plays, movies, songs and so much more. My passion for writing led me to take extra English courses, such as Advanced Placement while I was in high school. So I would say, be confident in your writing and whatever God placed in your heart to do. Take some extra English courses to improve your writing skills.



Leah WhiteheadAuthor of Confidence of a Winner,born and raised in Michigan is a Communication and Theatre Student at Sienna Heights University. Leah is known for her maturity and confidence through Christ. Leah is responsible for the comics and short stories published in Teen Era Magazine. She has been in many theatrical events, latest show, "Les Miserables". She also has a passion for music in which her wonderful singing voice has led her to hit the studio to work on her debut album with her guitar.  






Detroit Gospel Girl Review on Teen Era Magazine: "This magazine is packed with great readings that leaves you informed, encouraged, and inspired to do what God has called you to do. I love the tips and advice about fashion, dating and the scripture devotionals to guide your life that you can meditate on. This magazine not only reaches out to teens but young adults as well. Meeting the Editor-in-Chief has been a great experience to see that she has embarked on a journey to fulfill what God placed in her heart years ago; that was once a dream but now a reality. Shirah Whitehead and her sister Leah Whitehead are down to earth and very approachable young women of God. I wish them much success and blessings! It was a lot of fun interviewing both of them." I have my copy of Teen Era, do you have yours? If not, purchase online at www.teeneramagazine.com or visit Globe Bible Bookstore and Bible Discount to purchase a copy!

Detroit Gospel Girl with Author Leah Whitehead at the Globe Bible Bookstore



To listen to a snippet of the interview from the 2nd magazine signing 9/1/12 at the Globe Bible Bookstore, click here :WAYN's Gospel Show.


Love,
Detroit Gospel Girl
God is so Awesome! xoxoxo


WAYN Radio station with Left to Right: Leah Whitehead, Ben Lantz (producer for WAYN Radio), Sheree Braswell (On-Air Personality) and Shirah Whitehead.
A Few Reminders

  • Don't forget to add me on facebook: Sheree B.
  • If you would like to be a guest on the show, feel free to email me at detroitgospelgirl@gmail.com or call 313-444-7017. I would love to hear from you!
  • My shows are on Saturdays 12p.m to 1p.m live on waynradio.net.
  • Like Wayn Radio on fb, follow WAYN radio on twitter and check our blog on wsuwaynradio.wordpress.com
  • Remember God is awesome and He loves you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story:Living with a Mental Illness

 Hello lovelies!! Am I the only one that didn't find out that May is mental health awareness month until towards the end?! When I saw it posted on a girl page, I immediately thought I have to blog my story and tell my readers that I've battled living with a mental illness. Since I found out maybe a couple of weeks ago about it being mental health awareness month, I was so full of different emotions, for this is still a sensitive area for me. Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I do not have all the answers concerning mental illness; I always advise doing your own research. However, I will share my experiences and what it was like living with a mental illness and being a Christian. Any negative comments will be deleted. There is someone out there looking for a story of hope and your remarks can make a person feel rejected and want to be isolated. I'm an aspiring mental health advocate and my hope is to bring people to Jesus.  Few facts from National Alliance on Mental

"Why I Chose to Get My Associates Degree Instead of my Bachelors this Year?"

Graduation Day Saturday, May 6, 2017         Hello loves! I'm so excited to announce that I graduated from Schoolcraft College with my Associates Degree in Communications with a 3.81 average!!!!! :) God is so faithful!!! It was nothing but God that pulled me through! I am so ever grateful for the love and support from family and friends that came through for me by their encouragement, prayers, and financially, as a gift for graduation...it means a ton to me (kisses and hugs to all of you).         Before and after I graduated, I got asked a lot by people, family and friends, "what's next"? But before I get into that, I want to answer the question that's in the title of this blog-post! I know some may have wondered, that are my Facebook friends like, "Didn't she used to go to Wayne State? What happened?" Well, yes I did go to Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi and a lot happened. After having two nervous break downs within 8 months apar

7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care

     Hey Loves,      In the month of July, I shared on my Social Media my experiences with Bipolar and Dating, Mental Health and Education, and Mental Health and Ministry. I did Instastory posts on Instagram @sheree.p.braswell sharing my journey because I am not ready to blog or do a Youtube video fully about it but prayerfully one day I will. But I did want to write a blogpost about how it's been 7 years since my last hospitalization in psychiatric care! I've had four hospitalizations and ever since my last one in 2014, I realized that something was truly wrong with me that I had no control over. That I did have a mental illness and I needed to take care of my mental health. I've learned taking care of your mental health should be a priority just like your physical health should be and that it is just as important. I had to learn there is no shame in having a mental illness and I had to unlearn the myths and let go of the stigma around it. I had my ideas about mental illne

7 years of being Single and What I’ve Learned....

Photo cred: Hill Media Group Hey lovelies! Happy New Year!   So much has happened since I’ve last blogged on here. I received a grant from Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority to advance my mental health advocacy, did a mental health first aid training for adults at my church, volunteered at Children’s Hospital with the hematology and oncology department, got accepted to Madonna University for my bachelors. Now i am currently working on a self esteem short book for young women. These past 7 months have been a time of pruning, getting closer to the Lord and strategizing. There were definitely some up and down moments but I’m so glad i made it!! Now that i updated you, the Lord really laid on my heart to blog before Valentine’s Day things I’ve learned in my 7 year time of being single. By the way I love how 7 is for completion! Woohoo  ! So here it go: Timing is everything . I learned that at times I wanted a relationship so badly but God was showing me things about m

Be Thankful!

  Ephesians 5:20  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. NLT.       Today, may be the day where you spend time with your close relatives, chowing down on some delicious holiday cooking, and plus more! However, have you sat down and spoke to the Lord letting him know all the things you are thankful for--- at all times? The spirit of Thanksgiving should never come from in due season or in certain circumstances but should be given at all times.  Let your "thanks and giving" not be seasonal but at all times!   For it says in his Word,   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT (Sad but true at times)      Sadly, around the holiday season some give thanks to God on  Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter and then it's back to them being rooted in their own selfish motives, ambitions and dreams. For some, it may be a time where they sit and mourn